Inreallife.my is a popular platform where you can access to hundreds of great articles, personal experiences, content and share ideas with others. In conducting our site and business, we collect information about our users who visit the site or use any service that we offer. By providing your personal information, PII or other information to us or by using our service, you agree to the terms described in this policy and on the site.
Information We Collect
When registering on our site, you may be asked to enter your name, email address or other details to help you with your experience. We collect information from you when you register on our site, subscribe to a newsletter, respond to a survey or submissions form and enter information on our site. We are not responsible for PII you choose to submit in these any areas that are public such as comments in our articles.
Collection by Third Parties
Our sites include social media features, such as the Facebook “Like” button, and widgets, such as the “Share” feature that run on our site. These features may collect your Internet protocol address, which page you are visiting on our Sites, and may set a cookie to enable the feature to function properly. Social media features and widgets are either hosted by a third party or hosted directly on our site. Your interactions with these features are governed by the privacy statement of the company providing the features.
Like many websites, we use “cookies”. Cookies are alphanumeric identifiers that a site or its service provider transfers to your computer’s hard drive through your Web browser to enable our systems to recognize your browser, capture or remember certain information.
- Help us compile aggregate data about site traffic and site interaction so that we can offer better site experiences and features in the future.
- Understand user behavior and preferences.
- We do this to improve the services we offer you, to improve marketing and analytics or site functionality. We may also collect anonymized cookies and other data obtained through any tracking technologies from third parties for ad-targeting purposes.
Contest and Promotions
We may organize a promotion or contest on the site. You may be asked to provide personal information or permit the transfer to a third party of your personal information in connection with such promotion or contest. It will be disclosed at the point of collection or transfer who is collecting or transferring the information and whose privacy statement applies, and it will be your choice whether or not you wish to permit such transfer to or collection of personal information by a third party.
Use of Information We Collect
We may use the information we collect for our own marketing and non-marketing purposes. For example, we may use your personal information to alert you to upcoming articles, features, or events.
IRL keeps track of the number of visitors to the site, the pages visit and how long readers stay. We also collect information from readers who click on advertisements so that we are able to measure interest in the various areas of our site and inform any partners or advertisers who engage us as to how many visitors have seen or clicked on their promoted content. We may use the information we collect from you in the following ways:
We collect these kinds of aggregate user information for a few reasons:
- to help us continuously improve the content we offer
- to personalize user’s experience and to allow us to deliver the type of content and products that you are most interested
- to improve our website to serve you better
- to organize contests, promotions, surveys and other site features
- to send emails (also can be referred to as newsletter) regarding the products and site services
- to sell sponsorships on the site to appropriate brands and advertisers
Third Party Disclosure
We do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to outside parties your personally identifiable information unless we provide you with advance notice. This does not include any third parties such as our website hosting partners and other parties who assist us in operating our site, conducting our business, or servicing you, as long as they agree to keep this information confidential. We may also release your information when we believe release is appropriate to comply with the law, enforce our site policies, or protect ours or others’ rights, property, or safety. Non-personally identifiable information may be provided to other parties for marketing, advertising, or other uses. It’s also important to note that we allow third party behavioral tracking.
We may share PII, non-PII and other information with our corporate affiliates. Corporate affiliates are those entities that we control, are controlled by us, or are under common control with us and any joint venture in which any of the controlled entities may participate from time to time. Any use of your information by our corporate affiliates is subject to this Policy or another policy no less protective of your privacy. Likewise, we may obtain information about you from our corporate affiliates or from your visits to other web sites that we or our corporate affiliates control. We may share information about you with our corporate affiliates and our corporate affiliates may share information with us using cookie or any other available technology.
At our discretion, we may also include or offer third party products or services on our website. These third party sites have separate and independent privacy policies. We therefore have no responsibility or liability for the content and activities of these linked sites. Nonetheless, we seek to protect the integrity of our site and welcome any feedback about these sites.
Retention of Information
We retain information for as long as required, allowed or we believe it useful, but do not undertake retention obligations. We may dispose of information in our discretion without notice, subject to applicable law that specifically requires the handling or retention of information. You must keep your own, separate back-up records.
Submissions of Content
We reserve the right to send you customary business communications such as acceptance/rejection notices regarding content submissions, general system and administrative messages, address confirmations, and transactional information about your account, and we may not offer you the opportunity to opt-out of receiving such communications. However, we provide you with the opportunity to elect not to receive other types of communications, such as friend requests, gamification requests or newsletter emails.
Access to Personal Information
You may access, update, and correct inaccuracies in your personal information which is in our custody and control by emailing us at [email protected] We may request certain personal information from you for the purposes of verifying your identity. We will respond to your request within 30 days. We collect your email address for the following reasons:
- Send information, respond to inquiries, and/or other requests or questions.
- Process any orders (if applicable) and to send information and updates pertaining to orders.
- We may also send you additional information where applicable.
- Market to our mailing list or continue to send emails to our users after any original transaction has occurred.
As we develop our business, we might sell or buy businesses or their assets, or engage in acquisitions, mergers, restructurings, changes of control, or similar transactions. In such transactions, customer information generally is one of the transferred business assets, and your PII is subject to such a transfer. Also, in the unlikely event of a bankruptcy, customer information may be transferred to a bankruptcy trustee or debtor in possession and then to a subsequent purchaser.
We have physical, electronic, and managerial procedures to help safeguard, prevent unauthorized access, maintain data security, and correctly use your information. However, we cannot guarantee that these safeguards will prevent the unauthorized access, use or disclosure of your personal information. Neither people nor security systems are foolproof, including encryption systems. In addition, people can commit intentional crimes, make mistakes or fail to follow policies. If applicable law imposes any non-disclaimable duty (if any), you agree that the standard used to measure our compliance with that duty will be one of intentional misconduct.
Conditions of Use, Notices & Revisions
- Privacy Concerns. Your use of the Service and any dispute over privacy is subject to the Terms. If you have any concern about privacy at Inreallife.my, please send us a thorough description to [email protected], and we will try to resolve it.
- Notice Required by Law. In those jurisdictions that permit email notice, if we are required to disclose or provide notice of invasion of certain security systems, we will do so by email to the most current email address provided by you to us. It is critical that you keep your email contact information correct and updated with Inreallife.my at all times.
- Identity Theft. If you believe that you are a victim of identity theft entitled by law to request information from us, write us at [email protected] and we will let you know what additional information you must provide to us. After we have received that information, we will supply without charge the information legally required to be disclosed that we then have, subject to applicable law and reserving all of our rights and defenses.
The Internet is our playground. It’s where we browse, curate and select the most shareable images, quotes, photos, excerpts, videos, memes, blogposts, etc. If you see something you own on Inreallife.my but would rather have us remove it, write to us at [email protected] with the link to the story. If something has been credited wrongly or used unfavourably, write to us too and lead us to the right path.
Effective: 1st May, 2018